The University of Tennessee invites you to join the top scientists and engineers at the Center for Materials Processing. Together we can develop the research and academic programs needed to address the needs of American industry in the important field of materials. An important feature of funds derived from CMP Memberships is the cost sharing of facilities and administrative costs (indirect costs) by the university. Full membership fees support graduate-level research directed by faculty in the participating department while Associate membership fees support undergraduate-level research. The CMP facilities-level membership fees provide a mechanism for industry to access unique and specialized equipment. In addition to supporting research activities, memberships allow the technical staff of a company to access and use unique equipment located in university laboratories. This feature is particularly important to companies located in Tennessee.
By participation and being a member, your company will benefit in the following ways:
- Shared-cost research
- Direct and early access to trained engineering graduates involved in CMP research activities
- Opportunity to work with CMP staff
- Influence on the direction of research activities
- Pre-publication access to CMP reports
- Royalty-free non-exclusive access to patents resulting from the Center’s research
Associate memberships often support undergraduate research and have most of the benefits listed above.